Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

We have an LG smart TV. Since dropping the smart hand set we

We have an LG smart TV. Since dropping the smart hand set we can not get a picture. Everything else appears to work.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your TV?

ALso were there any power outages or storms just prior to this event?

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
DOM April 2013. No storms or power failures at the time.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 months ago.

Hi, Im confused, did you drop the remote? Or the TV?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I believe it is called the magic hand set. If it was the TV i would be down the shops buying a new one!!!!!
Expert:  Michael replied 3 months ago.

Hi LOL

Ok, you may need a new remote for this one. but please try this first.

Unplug your TV, and remove the batteries from the magic hand set for 30 full minutes. then replace the batteries, and then plug in the TV, you will need to go through all the programming again Initial programming that is.

If that works great!

If not please let me knwo and we will go further into this set;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great Sunday!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Expert:  Michael replied 3 months ago.

I will be here for you until its all working again one way or another.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Tried as you suggested for 45mins and then 2hours. Still not working.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 months ago.

Hi thank you for trying that as a rest for me.

This TV requires service by a professional TV repair tech. There is a bad transistor on the main board responsible for this problem. It is a an easy cheap repair but it needs to be isolated as there are a few in this area of the main board. The other option, is to replace main board .

If you are electronically handy, I can help you do that.

I wish I had better news for you, I really do.

Please rate my service kindly.

Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.