JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Dishwasher repair

dishwasher repair
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Hi Marjorie Can you please clarify what is the model of dishwasher with the fault, and what the particular issue you are facing with it is?

James

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Indesit work top dishwasher Model ICP661. Making buzzer noises and lights will not go off. Marjorie Barrett
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Dear *****, sorry for the delay in responding

This sounds like the fault could be with the overflow sensor.

If the dishwasher thinks its overflowing the pump comes on, even when you press the power button. Have you checked the filter and waste pipe are clear?

I suggest you arrange an engineer to come out and look at the fault, if you would like me to recommend someone in your area, please provide your postcode.

The parts for the worktop sized dishwashers are rather expensive, once I know your area if I cant find an engineer who can attend for a reasonable price I would suggest you look to replace the dishwasher, as it may be uneconomical to repair based on the combination of labour and parts.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Good morning do you still require assistance?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thhank you very much for your advice. My son in law, not an engineer but competent and handy, came over yesterday and followed your sugestions. He covered everything without success. Finally agreed with your thoughts that it might well be a caseof throwing good money after bad and has ordered a new one. I have carers in twice daily so it is important that I have a reliable aid to help them in their care of me. so apart froma new new washer I also get a new one year guarantee. I shall bear you in mind for any future problems. Regards ***** *****
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Marjorie it appears you have come to the same conclusion as me, it may be worth purchasing the additional 3-5 year warranty when you order your replacement, since if they do go wrong the parts are rather expensive.

Appreciate if you can rate the service received.

James