Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Hoover HVBF6182BFHKB fridge freezer that will not

Customer Question

I have a Hoover HVBF6182BFHKB fridge freezer that will not run at all - not even the interior light works. All that I have established is that 240V is present at input to the appliance and that there is no obvious damage to main control board. What do you suggest?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 month ago.

Hi Bruce my name is ***** ***** you let me have the product code usually beginning with a 3............... that is located on the rating label. Once I have this to hand I can have a look at the wiring diagram for you ~ do you have a multimeter?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Ian
Product code 34002038 I assume. See attached.
Yes, I have a multimeter.
Bruce

Leave this with me a short while, according to my data this is not a UK model but designed for the French market. Just doing some further research.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Any update on this?

Ok when you are ready we can proceed I have a wiring diagram but cant get the exploded views first thing I need you to do is find the main power control pcb.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hope the attached help.

OK multimeter set to measure 240v AC. Find connector CN101 and test that you have power at blue and brown cables?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
there is 240V across live/neutral on CON101. - black & blue resp. in my case.

Do you have voltage between blue and white on the same connector

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
0V between blue (N) and white (comp)

OK looks like you need to change the board as you have no power going to the compressor and the interior light is also fed from this pcb too. If you flip the board over can you see any track damage or burn marks?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No obvious damage on the rear of the PCB that I can see. Image attached. The white in the centre is simply the glare from the flash. How much is a PCB likely to set me back and from where could I source one?

Look at the contacts where the relays go through the pcb ? As you dont have any light in the fridge when you open the door Im fairly sure this board is faulty.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
As I say, no mechanical defects that I can see. All the soldered joints are fine and none of the components are loose. I removed all the connectors and re-connected just in case. It's still dead.
It's in stock at Partmaster for £100.69. At that price I wouldn't want to order a replacement unless you are sure.

Try contacting this company - www.qer.biz - they will repair it for you if you send it off.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Before I rate your service can you please advise the certainty with which you believe a PCB fault to be the root cause. As I have said previously, I would like some comfort that I am outlaying a non-trivial sum of money, whether for a repair or replacement, with a high degree of confidence in a successful outcome. Thanks.