JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My 6month old replacement dryer refuses to work shows F04 in

My 6month old replacement dryer refuses to work shows F04 in the window and all red lamps for filters and water tank are on. Also the amber Spenser lamp is lit.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just answer .... please tell me its complete model number and how old is it ?
________________________________________________________________________________________
If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mod TDWSF 83B EP
8599 910 02020
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Derek,

My name is ***** ***** for the delay in responding to you.

The fault F04 on a dryer relates to the thermostat\temp sensor, its not a common part to go wrong, however it appears you have been unfortunate in this instance, however this will be covered under the manufacturers warranty, if its been supplied within 6 months (replacement or otherwise).

A list of fault codes should you encounter a similar issue in the future can be found here, which will help you understand the nature of the issue.

In terms of a DIY repair you can get the part here for around £25, but I would look to get Hotpoint out and repair it under guarantee.

You can call Hotpoint on 0370(###) ###-#### selecting option 3, then option 2 and option 2 again, the average wait time is about 5 minutes.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions relating to this issue.

JamesI, Handyman
Experience: I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.