KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

My Machine won't unlock, I have tried re spinning, pausing

My Machine won't unlock, I have tried re spinning, pausing and turning off at the mains,

Hi, welcome to Just answer .... have you tried to clean the drain filter located at the bottom front of the washer ? Please tell me its complete model number
________________________________________________________________________________________
If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
to drain screen No. is WMB/1543W
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am 70 years old and unable to do more than twiddle with the knobs, if the machine needs pulling out I will have to get someone in.

It seems that the child lock is activated. To unlock it press the second and fourth (left to right) auxiliary buttons at the same time for 5 seconds. They will be linked with a line and a padlock sign whilst you do this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I Dont have buttons in a line I have A illuminated panel with buttons around it, Spin, Time Delay + and - pn right andTemp, Start, and Pause Press and hold for 3 seconds.

If you look at the option buttons on the front. Underneath them you will see a pad lock sign with 2 lines either side going to 2 of the buttons.

Press these buttons at the same time and hold for a few seconds and this will take the child lock off.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I hadn't noticed those buttons. I have done that and get :- C OFF but the padlock is still flashing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to go out now I will have to get somebody in tyo look at it, thank you very much for trying.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just tried resetting child lock before I left and it worked. Thank you very much.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help Kevin, my washing is now out of the machine, and would you believe I have found my book on it. Thanks again.

Great thank you