Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Gorenje dishwasher e3 error code

Customer Question

gorenje dishwasher e3 error code
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** E3 is a water heating error, if the water is not heated up to the required setting in 60 minutes the microprocessor indicates an error. This is usually just a heater failure - fit a new heater.

Would you now kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page, thank you for using JA and if you need further help come back to me.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

hi there, i have had people talking about a thermostat limiter. is there one which i could test first before getting an element.

Best thing to do is check continuity across the heater element contacts - that will tell you if the heater is faulty. Its fairly rare for a thermistor to go faulty but if you give me about an hour I will get you some readings both are in the base of the appliance.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

hi there. there is continuity through the element but not through the reset thermal limiter

Are you referring to the thermal cut-outs on the side of the heater assembly?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

hi there, no this is a toc which screws to the underside of the machine.

OK reset the toc and try the appliance - see if you now get the water heated. Take not though that if the thermal cutout has tripped out you may have a problem with either the operating thermostat or quantity of water in the wash cavity during the wash cycle.