JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Fridge freezer, fridge iced up at back. model number

Customer Question

fridge freezer, fridge iced up at back. model number RFF5050ff, PLEASE NOTE THAT I HAVE CHANGED THIS MODEL NUMBER.......................

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

If the rear of the fridge is freezing over this is a sign of either the thermostat has failed as its getting too cold or the fridge door seal has failed resulting in increase condensation which is forming on the back of the fridge and freezing.

If the door seal looks in good shape, I would be inclined to defrost the fridge freezer and see if it reoccurs, if it does I would then look to swap out the thermostat\temp sensor in the fridge, spares can be found here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi there, this machine is a prima model RFF5050ff. it has a large pcb at the top and a sensor in the fridge. i can not fing any spares for this machine

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good morning David,

Part of the issue is that eSpares have your model down as Premier not Prima (typo on their part), see here

Second part of the issue is the PCB seems to be obsolete, such as the ones here, as such if you think its the PCB its looking uneconomical to repair.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi David,

I havent heard back from you in a while, do you still require assistance?

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good morning David, I havent heard from you in the last couple of days do you still require assistance. In order for me to close the case I need you to rate the service received using the star rating on this page.

James