Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Our dryer has just come out of 4years storage but when put

hi ,our dryer has just come out of 4years storage but when put on the other day the drum did not seem to be moving and after 80mins the washing still wet its 2years old.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
how much longer for an reply to my question
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 months ago.

Sorry for the delay in getting to your question.

Can you post the model number of the dryer please.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
sorry this is all have got AWZ7303. *********** 1PX4. E380
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
THIS WAS TAKEN OFF BACK OF MACHINE.

Thats fine.

If you start it going do you hear the motor running?

If you open the door and turn the drum by hand does it spin round very easy?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the moters going but the drum does not move my hand.

Ok what you need to do is remove the top panel of the dryer and from there you will see the drum. Have a look on there and see if you can see the belt around the drum. If so lift it up and see if its broken. But make sure you unplug the dryer first before removing the top panel.

If so then the belt will need to be replaced from there.

But if the drum isnt turning by hand then with the top off try and push it as hard as you can as with it not being used the drum could have siezed up so turning it can free it.

Then just replace the belt and see how it goes from there.

Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok will do what holds top panel on where are the screws?

Just 2 screws at the back.

Remove then and then slide the top panel backwards and it will come off.

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
thanks for all that.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Have top off its the belt broken ,where can i get another and what do you do to fit it.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
have got another belt from whirlpool but do i take front off to get belt on?
Sorry for the delay. I work out on the road during day so dont always have time to reply.Anyway as to fitting the belt it's all done from the back. Remove the back cover and then the heater chamber and you can fit the belt over the drum and onto the motor from there.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
thankyou .

Your welcome

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
hi have got back off and slipped new belt over drum does it go right up to the door when does it tighten up its right belt as checked aganst old one .
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
update all done now and working fine thanks for info.