Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

We have water coming out of the bottom of fridge freezer

We have water coming out of the bottom of fridge freezer every now and then. Can you help?
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your fridge?

Also may I have the full model #?

And is there any heavy frost on the rear wall inside the freezer section?

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
We bought the fridge freezer in February 2014. ActiveSmart Ice & Water, so think RF610/RF540A model 900mm width.
Slight 'water run' freeze on rear wall and bottom of freezer section.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
We have pulled the whole model from the wall and checked the back - the evaporator is empty. Sometimes it leaks 2-3 times a day but yesterday only once!
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.

Hi it could be especially if its been hot out, that the unit, when defrosting, had too much ice on the cols so that extra water leaked as the drain pan under the fridge likely became full and overflowed. Just keep an eye on that for a few weeks and please let me knwo if it continues, I will then go further with you so we can determine the problem. But I have seen this so many times so hopefully for you it just overflowed. Things that could cause this, leaving the door open too long etc. Or a cracked drip pan or evap fan behind the fridge in the lower compartment near the compressor. fan failure is possible but its too early to say,

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until we are sure your problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely

Tech Michael