JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

We have a G646 SC PLUS dishwasher. Every time now, towards

We have a G646 SC PLUS dishwasher. Every time now, towards the end of its cycle, there is a loud rattling from within. Afterwards, there is a leak from the filter on the top left hand side of the door when the door is opened
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon,

My name is ***** ***** will assist with your query today.

So I am clear where the water is leaking from with the door open, where are you seeing the filter, as the manual I have suggests the filter is in the base of the dishwasher.

Are you referring to the soap dispenser?

In most cases this type of fault will be caused by the waste water pump, it may have become lose or may have a pipe which has started to fail.

Once I understand where your seeing the leak I can better advise what you can do to troubleshoot, and what your options are with regard to repair.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi JamesThanks for replying. The water comes out of the air vent which is located on the front of the door - top left. It looks very discoloured as well and water dribbles out at the end of the wash cycle when the door is opened right down. We have to put a bowl under the vent to catch the water. The machine is showing signs of rust at the base of the door and there is always a mucky puddle if you look under the door on the ledge of the machine.Does that help and make sense?Look forward to hearing from you.Thank you.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Right so your talking about the drying van vent on the front of the control panel, apologies I thought you were referring to the inner-side of the door.

It sounds like the waste pump hasnt removed all the residual water, before the drying fan has started, have you cleaned the sump filter and removed the plate and given them a good clean as per the page 34 of the manual here?

The residual water is then being blown into the air duct, which is then making it into the door vent, the colour could be partly because the vent has dust and dirt which tainted the water or just because the waste water hasnt been fully pumped out and being dirty to start with.

If after the filter and sump plate have been cleaned the fault is still present, the next stage is to check the waste pipe at the rear isnt kinked, and the drain has good flow, after which its a case of getting someone in to test the pump, and flow regulator which tells the pump when to stop.

With regard to the rust, I would give this a good clean off with vinegar, and most like caused due to the amount of water left in the machine when not in use.

Should you like me to recommend someone to come to site to look at the pump please provide your postcode.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Hi Peter,

I havent heard back from you in a while, do you still require assistance?

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Good morning Peter, I havent heard from you in the last couple of days do you still require assistance?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
James = we have been away.We tried what you suggested and would like to arrange for an engineer to come and have a look. Postcode is WR1 3HW
Peter
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Hi Peter I would highly recommend Mike at MP Appliances, we have recommended him in the past and had excellent feedback.

His number is 07747 062108.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance, of if you cant get hold of him today.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Hi Peter,

In order for me to resolve the case appreciate it if you could log back in and rate the service received, using the star rating on this page.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Hi Peter,

James

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Will do. Mike was excellent and the machine is now working properly again
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Glad to hear that Peter, there should be a star rating on this page, appreciate it if you can rate the service using the start so that I can close the case.

Cheers

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 27 days ago.

Hi Peter, appreciate if you can log back in and rate the service received so I can mark the case resolved, should you need anything else please let me know..

James
Expert:  JamesI replied 25 days ago.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 22 days ago.

Hi Peter, I havent heard back from you, if you have everything you need, please rate the service received using the star rating, so I can close the case.

Should you need any further assistance please advise how I can assist you further.

James

JamesI, Handyman
Experience: I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.