Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a ZWD14270W which makes from minute 24 to 21 a loud

Customer Question

Hi, I have a ZWD14270W which makes from minute 24 to 21 a loud funny noise, it sounds like a motor whirring.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

This sounds like the drain pump, can you run the washer on a rinse cycle and see if you hear the whirring?

Do you have any other symptoms eg noisy when it spins, or the clothes not being cleaned very well etc?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Draining is working fine. It probably drains twice, once after the wash and once after the rinsing - no noise. Clothes are being cleaned well, the machine seems to work as normal except that whirring noise from the engine from roughly minute 24 to minute 21.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

I can only assume its a bearing issue as the speed of the drum changes, its causing friction and thus causing the noise.

If the nose doesnt appear when you complete a rinse cycle this would prove the fact all components are working, and I wouldnt look to do any proactive maintenance unless the noise becomes successive.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 12 months ago.

Hi Customer,

I havent heard back from you in a while, do you still require assistance?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
The bearings seem fine as well, I can't move the drum, turning the drum doesn't make any noise.
Expert:  JamesI replied 12 months ago.

I suggest your arrange an engineer out, the fault isnt caused by electrical input if you cant locate the noise with it running with the back off, and you cant replicate it manually rotating the drum, the next step is to get someone out who can induce the fault this way, which is where the skills and experience of a repair engineer come in.

If you would like me to recommend an engineer in your area please provide your postcode.