Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I just moved to a place and i would like to know how the

Customer Question

hi.i just moved to a place and i would like to know how the digital central heating programmer works.the model i have is siemens rwb7,it's been set up to work all day but unfortunately that doesn't happen,the radiators are warm only for one hour and after they turn off
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** if you go to the following like and look for the RWB7 it gives you the set up procedure for the timer. If you need further information come back to me -- http://www.knh.org.uk/yourhome/runningyourhome/centralheatingcontrols.shtml

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i found that link before but still heating doesn't work.the programmer has been set up on "on" and radiators are warm only one hour 2-3times a day

First thing have you bled the radiators?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
this is an electric heating sistem so i don't think i have to bleed the radiators

So are you saying you have storage heaters?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
this is what i have

OK standard water filled radiators that need bleeding first off. Understand the system, you have a boiler which heats the water then pumps it around the pipes and through the radiators. The radiators then get hot and heat the room. If you have air in the radiators they you get reduced heating. Secondly the boiler will be controlled remotely or by its own controls. Do you have any electrical test equipment such as a multimeter?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
sorry i don't have any equipment.this is first time i'm dealing with this type of situation.how can i bleed the radiatirs?

You will need a radiator key from a local hardware store - it you then look at one of the ends of the ratiator at the top you will see a square nut. with a towel handy unscrew the bleed screw a little and you should hear air coming out. When water starts coming out close the nut tight and move to the next.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
let me find a key and i let you know if it works or not

OK Im here until 11pm with just a break for lunch and tea - so leave me a message and I'll get back to you

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i bleed all the radiators and none had air inside.i just looked at the terminal or what ever is the thing with alarm,heat,call and supply and only last one has the light on.when the light next to "heat" turns on then the radiators get warm
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the light next to "alarm" is flashing and i don't know what to do.is that normal?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i switched it off and on and now the light from "call" is steady red

Is the boiler running?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
not anymore.it worked for 2-3minutes till the red colour showed up

OK is the red light on the boiler or the programmer?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the red light is on the boiler.so a few hours ago alarm was red,i switched off and on and boiler started working but that was for a few minutes till the light on "call" turned red.now it's completely "dead",it doesn't make any noise and the only light on is at supply

What is the make and model of your boiler?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i don't know if that can help you with anything

OK attached is the installation handbook for this model - if you go to page 22 it gives you the procedure to test and reset the boiler. From what you have said you have a problem with the boiler itself not the programmer or radiators.

https://www.heatraesadia.com/literature/installation-manuals/Amptec-installation-manual.pdf