Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Siemen WXD 1260 washing machine - dryer. When drying clothes

Customer Question

Siemen WXD 1260 washing machine - dryer.
When drying clothes on tumble dry settings the clothes are still wet but really hot after a 30m cycle?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 month ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

Please remove the vent hose from the back of the dryer anf turn it on, is the air flow coming out pretty forceful?

Or not really or at all?

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I take the waste and vent hose is the same. It's a washer/dryer?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 month ago.

Hi thats fine I need you to remove the one that vents the heat outside.

Expert:  Michael replied 1 month ago.

If yours doesn't have that type of vent please let me know some do not.

Expert:  Michael replied 1 month ago.

It would be a large hose about 6 inches in diameter.

Expert:  Michael replied 1 month ago.

If yours doesnt have one, you have a different issue going on.

Expert:  Michael replied 1 month ago.

Hi Im sorry Im looking at the manual and yours does not have that set up.

You have a different issue

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No I only have the waste for the washing machine. Turned dryer on for 10 minute cycle and the waste pipe spat out some water at varying intervals
Expert:  Michael replied 1 month ago.

ususllay this will be a clog.

Expert:  Michael replied 1 month ago.

yes theres a pump inside that pushes the water out and excess moisture as well.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What's next?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 month ago.

I am not familiar with this one so I will opt out so anther expert with more experience with these can assist.

Tech Mike

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Sorry my colleague was unable to assist my name is ***** ***** will assist you from hear on out.

Just so I am clear your not getting any error messages, the fault\concern is that after 30 minutes the clothes are coming out hot, but but remain wet?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi No error messages. The clothes are hot. They are not drying, still wet, steaming almost
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Ok the two most common causes of this fault in a condensing dryer such as yours is either faulty condenser or faulty mechanism removing waste water.

From what you have described your see odd 'spurts' of water when the dryer is running from the waste water pipe, and we know the pipe isnt blocked as the washer uses the same pipe. I would expect to see spurts rather than a steady flow as the water is pumped out when water reaches a specific level, so that part is normal.

When was the last time you cleaned the filter\condenser?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Honestly- never
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Give me a minute to see if I can find instructions for doing that, as this is probably the most likely cause, failing that it will be something more serious which would need someone out to strip the unit down.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

The manual here explains on page 44 how to clean the pump filter, on this model the condenser isnt a user serviceable part, so if you clean the filter as per the instructions run the drying cycle again and it still doesnt improve the next step would be to get an engineer out to strip the unit down and inspect the condenser which has likely failed.

If you provide me your postcode I can suggest someone in your area to attend, however hopeful simply cleaning the filter may do the trick.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm popping out now... downloaded manual and give it a clean once I'm back. Thanks for now james
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

No problem I will be out for the rest of the evening however please let me know how you get on and I will do my best to respond tomorrow morning if not before.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have cleared the pump filter before but now it will only turn a quarter of the way
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have managed to snap the plastic on it so turned it back to lock position. Try ed to loosen it up to no avail. Had a look underneath and can probably remove gunk that way, or completely remove the damaged one but I'll make sure I have a replacement part before doing...... what a nightmare!!!!
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

It sounds most likely something is inside the filter for it to not to come away and unscrew, so looks like your on the right tracks in removing the filter giving it a good clean and going from there.

Please let me know how you get on.

James

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Will do thanks for the advice