Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Model FFA 74, 10 yrs old, now freezing in fridge area and

Customer Question

Model FFA 74, 10 yrs old, now freezing in fridge area and defrosting in freezer. What emergency action can I take?
Expert:  Michael replied 12 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

Is there any heavy frost on the rear wall INSIDE the freezer section?

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have switched the whole unit off.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Is anyone responding tothis call?
Expert:  Michael replied 12 months ago.

yes one moment while I write my response

Expert:  Michael replied 12 months ago.

Thank you for that information. What you need to do is defrost the entire unit with the doors open for 24 hours.

There is only one device in this unit which cools the fridge and the freezer.

Once defrosted completely, you can wipe up any excess water and re start the unit. It shoudl run normally for a while and the issue may be solved;-)

But if the problem returns, you can always reply to me for further instructions as you may have problem with the servo fridge cooling door inside between the freezer and the fridge.

The best thing to do is unplug this one to do the 24 hour defrost, that way it also give the circuit board inside a chance to fully reset to factory condition;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great Sunday!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Jill.
Expert:  Michael replied 12 months ago.

You are very welcome Jill.

Please rate my service using one of the ratings buttons so I can remain with you . No additional cost for that

Tech Mike;-)