Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Beko AP930X. Freezer side not cooling

Customer Question

Beko AP930X. Freezer side not cooling
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon my name is ***** ***** will assist with your query today.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Is ice still being created by the dispenser?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
NO
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Ok, firstly what is the current temp shown on the display for both fridge and freezer?

Next we need to identify if its the sensor, pcb or a build up of frost causing the problem. The quickest solution is to to turn on fresh freeze (left hand button) this should illuminate when on, and will turn off by itself after 24 hours.

The freezer should then start getting colder once its turned on, after a few hours see if the display is showing the temp drop.

Then check the inside of the freezer to see if the temp is cold again.

Please let me know how you get on.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have put it on fast freeze but not waited any time . No ice build up in fact ithas completely melted. The fan is working and I have removed all fluff and dust.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

The rear radiator is probably not at fault, from experience 60% of the issues are due to frost behind the back panel stopping coolant circulating, 30% are due to a faulty temp sensor and 10% the PCB.

If the freezer doesnt get back to freezing temp after fresh freeze has been on for a few hours, its likely to be a build up of frost and a 36 hour defrost would fix this. If it does start getting significantly cold but temp not accurate on the front its a fault with the sensor.

Should the display be showing the correct temp or the defrost doesnt work, then its most likely the PCB.

Its always worth doing a defrost before booking an engineer as it fixes most issues, rules out a frost problem when the engineer attends and makes it easier to swap out parts, and proves the new part has fixed the issue..

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will come back to you in 24 hours to report state if still a problem
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Just wanted to check in to see how the defrost went?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Fast freeze dididn't make any difference. Been defrosting all day but no water so that would not seem to be the problem. I am going away tomorrow 'til Saturday and have switched off . The fridge is also now not cooling. I can hear thecompressor but no cooling. I shall buy a temp sensor when I get back if it is still likely to be the problem now that fridge is not working. What do you think?
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

If the compressor is running do the elements feel cold at all, as it may well be the coolant gas has escaped. The compressor running is a sign that the PCB and sensors are telling it to start.

This is likely to be a rather expensive repair, my suggestion is to call up and arrange for a repair and protect plan with someone like D&G, this will cover all parts, labour and also give you a years guarantee.

James

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The elements are warm. I'll contact you when I get back from holiday. Thanks. Rob