Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I had a Hotpoint First edition fridge freezer delivered

Customer Question

Hi, I had a Hotpoint First edition fridge freezer delivered yesterday, Model No. NRFAA50P.I did not pay for installation as I have had hotpoints before, (I had my last one for 20 years!). I put it into place and tried to level it as it was leaning backwards with about a 6mm difference front to back. The front levelling feet (it has 2) were at their lowest setting already, so I couldn't do any more to level up the back. I also noticed that there is very little clearance between the back feet and the floor. I have checked with the manual online, and it does not say anything about a backward tilt being necessary for this model for the door to close. Is this difference allowable or should I have the fridge returned to Currys? I have not yet plugged it in or turned it on. Thank you for your advice,
Wendy Blakemore
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Hi Wendy, my name is ***** ***** will assist with your query today.

Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

The tilt is to assist with moisture in the fridge to run down the wall and out to the evaporator.

In some models this slant is built into the internal wall, with this model is design its by external design.

That said a 6mm delta is significant, and would have expected it to be more 2-3mm, certainly not enough for the door to want to swing shut when open.

Are you sure the floor is level?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is on a carpet in my dining room, but all my other furniture in there is level. However even if it is not, the levelling screws should be able to compensate for that. As I see it, the back feet seem to be set lower than the front so I can't lower the front any more. I could try standing it on a rigid board, but I can't see that helping either unless I can raise the back by 4-5 mm.
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

I would say 4-5mm is at the the tolerance I would accept, however if its causing the door to keep closing your best option is to return it.