Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Neff cooking hob and the "on" display for a burner

Customer Question

Hi I have a Neff cooking hob and the "on" display for a burner flashes. I have cleaned it thoroughly , let it dry, and also switched the electricity on and off, but the problem continues. I take it that there is an electrical problem with the ignition electrode (gas supply is fine; I used a match and the burner works fine). How serious/ urgent is this problem and how much does it cost to repair?
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

There is always a significant fire hazard for any high energy appliance which has a fault, I dont see any issue in using the hib with this fault but would make sure the appliance is isolated\switched off at the wall when not in use.

Most likely its the spark generator if its not igniting, are all the burners not lighting (other than with a match).

Secondly can you provide me with the model number of the hob.