Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I've changed my filter but it's still saying change filter.

Customer Question

There's is also no ice coming out.
Any ideas
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** in the UK - let me explain how it works with the Samsung - the monitor doesnt measure the amount of water that goes through your appliance it is a six month timer - ie after 6 months the red light comes on. I usually suggest to clients that they only change the filter after the light has lit twice. Give me afew minutes and I'll send you the reset procedure.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The light is permanently on?

1) Filter Indicator
1-1)This indicator initally lights in green. The light color will be changed to orange after 5 month operation then to red
at the 6th month. The EEPROM in the control board counts a period of time regardless of a power failure.
1-2)To reset the counter and the light color, press Ice Type button and Child lock button for 3 seconds simultaneously.
1-3)If these two buttons are pressed simultaneously for 5 seconds, this function will cease.
1-4)To restore this function, press these buttons again for 3 seconds.
 The Ice-maker is referred to the device with an automatic ice production, storage in the ice bucket and dispensing
through the ice chute.

The light will stay on until the timer is reset at which point the light will go off.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
we are still unsure. We have tried that but the red filter light is still on. We have solved the ice problem anyway.

The light will stay on until such time as you reset the timer and then it will go out for six months --

1) Filter Indicator
1-1)This indicator initally lights in green. The light colour will be changed to orange after 5 month operation then to red

1) Filter Indicator

The light will stay on until such time as the timer is reset - it will stay off until the six month period is up.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is the child friendly button also known as the door alarm button?

I cant get the thing to paste - from memory if you press the top left facia button together with the bottom right and hold it for 3 seconds the light should go out.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
On my panel the bottom right is the ice maker button and the top left is the freezer button. It's a new model but unfortunately I have lost the manual. I have a model no if that helps?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
If I don't respond it's because my internet is very slow.

That would be good if you could

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
rf56j9040sr

OK leave it with me and I'll come back to you tomorrow when I get to work.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Many thanks will wait to hear from you tomorrow