Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

We have a Total Control Aga. When my husband switched it off

Customer Question

We have a Total Control Aga. When my husband switched it off before we went away, it flashed, so he turned it off at the mains switch.
Now we've tried to turn it back on and the controls just flash continually but it doesn't warm up! Any ideas pls?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 month ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

May I have the Full model # of your appliance?

Also its age?

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi, it's 5 years old.
Model TC3 Aga Total Control
Expert:  Michael replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for that information.

Will your washer run ANY cycles?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Wrong email! We have a AGA cooker TC3 which won't heat up
Expert:  Michael replied 1 month ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** have accidentally opened the wrong tab, no harm done;-)

Expert:  Michael replied 1 month ago.

Can you explain the flash?

What flashed and how?

Expert:  Michael replied 1 month ago.

Just flashing the clock?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Flash? We returned from hols and switched our total control aga on. The lights flash as if heating up but nothing more. It is a TC3 installed in Nov 2011.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
There is no clock on our model
The flashing is the oven indicators on the control panel.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for that information.

Yes in this instance, the control has failed and will need to be replaced.

Its an easy task but the part is a little expensive as it really is the brains of the Range/oven.

You would need a tech to come replace that for you if you aren't experienced in electronic repair.

I wish I had better news for you, I really do, But I have been a hands on technician for over 30 years so I do knowthis issue well. If you are handy, and have a few basic hand tools you could do this and save some money with my help.

Please let me know on that?

Also please rate kind at this time so I dont lose you in the process until we are sure this is fixed either way you go.

No additional cost for rating kindly;-)

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Expert:  Michael replied 1 month ago.

it doesn't have to have the clock option its still a control board issue;-)

Expert:  Michael replied 1 month ago.

With this model, some did come with a clock, some without.

Still the same issue;-(

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks, we'll look into this.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 month ago.

Your welcome;-)

Please rate kindly at this time so I can remain with you. Also it is the only way I am credited for my time with you.

Thank you, ***** ***** will be here for you until its fixed.

Tech Michael