JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Siemens thermostat serial no RDJ10RF,I want to know

Customer Question

I have a Siemens thermostat serial no RDJ10RF,I want to know how to set my heating so that I can benefit from off peak hrs to cut cost.
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

I assume your not using Gas Central heating, as that doesnt have an off peak model.

To get the boiler to heat up at a set time eg during economy 8, please see the second page of the manual here.

In essence:

Set the programming slider (vertical right hand slider) to position A1.

The setting for the current first on time flashes.

Turn the rotary dial to the left to decrease the time, or to the right to increase the time.

When the required on time is displayed move the programming slider to A2

The setting for the current first off time flashes. Turn the rotary dial to the left to decrease the time, or to the right to increase the time.

When the required off time is displayed move the programming slider to RUN, if you need to set a second on and off time set the slider to A3 (on) and A4 (off), and repeat the steps above.

If you continue to have issues please let me know.

James

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I've followed your instructions and I set heating to come on at 01.00-07.00, but it has come on straight away.The boiler is a Wocester attached to a Siemens serial no RCR10/433-GB.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry this is getting expensive, could it be that my boiler is both gas and electric.
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

If its come on straight away it suggests either the time set on the timer is wrong (and it thinks its 2am for example), or the horizontal slider is not set to 'auto', please let me know if this resolves the issue.

As to a boiler using gas and electric this is unlikely, I would imagine your boiler just manages your central heating (as this timer\thermostat is just for central heating), and that you will have a separate timer for hot water (which may use electricity to heat up the water).

I hope this helps clarify the situation.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I havent heard back from you, do you require any further assistance?

If not appreciate if you can rate the service received, so I may close the case

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

In order for me to close the case please log back in and rate the service received using the star rating on the page.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Many thanksJames
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

James