JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a American fridge freezer, the thermostat for the

Customer Question

I have a American fridge freezer, the thermostat for the fridge side has stopped working, it keeps freezing everything even if I turn it onto vacation mode,
Any ideas please?
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good morning Neil, if your sure its a faulty sensor (and not the PCB), the quickest route is to source a replacement sensor.

If you provide me with the model number of the fridge freezer, I can give you the link to the replacement sensor.

However it is worth point out that in some instances the sensor may be working but the PCB could be at fault (not reading the temp correctly).

James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks,
Where abouts on the freezer is this to replace?
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

The sensor is normally located behind the back panel about half way down the wall, the PCB will be located behind the display panel on the fridge door.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Neil, I havent heard back from you, do you require any further assistance?

If not appreciate if you can rate the service received, so I may close the case

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Neil,

In order for me to close the case appreicate if you can login and rate the service received, using the star rating on this page.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Neil,

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.
Hi Neil,In order for me to close the case appreicate if you can login and rate the service received, using the star rating on this page.Many thanksJames
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Neil,

In order for me to close the case appreciate if you can login and rate the service received, using the star rating on this page.

James