JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have replaced the 120 w 12 v heating element on a RM7291L

Customer Question

I have replaced the 120 w 12 v heating element on a RM7291L by jiggling out both elements and carefully repositioned both original 240v and new 12v. Now , however, the 240 v seems to cool the fridge Insufficiency! Gas cooling seems fine and 12v seems to work too. Before this 240v cooling had been fine too....what have I done wrong?
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Check the 240V heating element is still getting a current, it may be the element has failed as they are not normally designed to be handled. The guidelines for such repairs suggests replacing both at the same time, if your getting a current to it then check the continuity and see how many ohms its showing.

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Hi Alan,

I havent heard back from you do you require any further assistance?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I think its fixed! Stupidly I hadn't located the element properly in the holding tube.
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Easily done, appreciate you rate the service received so I may close the case.

James