Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Gas cooker specialist
46681511

I have a Siemens RDH10RF thermostat, I have replaced the

Customer Question

I have a Siemens RDH10RF thermostat, I have replaced the batteries but am unable to get the heating to come on, I have tried learn, test and reset to no avail, could you please let me know what I need to do? Many thanks
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 9 months ago.

Have you tried this with the thermostat removed from the wall and sat under the boiler?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the thermostat is not linking to the control panel, although I have worked out how to get the boiler to heat, just not how to link the two, I have followed the Siemens manual and it's still not working, am thinking that the thermostat might be at fault but have tried the learning and reset buttons all day to no avail, have bought new batteries but still no joy

ok, one part sounds broken but it will be impossible to tell.

2 options - replace with identical units, or replace with something similar but cheaper when on offer at the time - but this may involve altering the wiring.