JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I wish to replace an integrated microwave, MWI776, exterior

Customer Question

I wish to replace an integrated microwave, MWI776, exterior dimensions: 560mm(W) x 395mm(H) x 439mm(D) but can find nothing near these dimensions. Being integrated, nothing else will do. The existing one is probably long out of date, although it still works.
What can I do?
***** ***********
Edinburgh
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi David,

In most cases integrated appliances have fascia panels to allow them to fit into a range of voids.

What is the dimension of the void the new microwave needs to fit in?

Your best bet is to use comparison sites such as the one here to chose appliances which meet certain dimensions, as you dont want to find a microwave the same size you just want one to fit the same void.

Failing that its a case of adjusting the cupboard, height, as most microwaves are around 56cm, so its just finding something to accommodate the depth and height.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions

James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In my original query, I gave you the exterior dimensions of the existing Zanussi model of 560mm(W) x 395mm(H) x 439mm(D), the width and height are exact, but there is probably around 75mm clear at the back. All you have done is direct me to a comparison site which I had already done mtself, and having found none anywhere near the required dimensions, I directed an enquiry to you. I have visited Currys where an adviser seemed pretty clued up, but did not mention your assertion that most appliances have fascia panels to allow them to fit various voids. Adjusting the cupboard height is a non starter, so your advice does not help me at all. I think the truth is that the required dimensions are obsolete so there is no practical answer to my problem.Thanks for trying anywayRegardsDavid Hollingdale
3 Southbank
Easter Park Drive
Edinburgh
EH4 6SG Tel: 0131(###) ###-#### Mob: 07858 796202 Email:***@******.***
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

I will opt out as I am not your personal shopper.