Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Hot point sx1083L Forno

Customer Question

Hot point sx1083L Forno
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Hi Susan, what issue are you facing with your Oven?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I need to know how to clean between glass on my oven door l have emailed hot point they said it should just slide out but I find that impossible please help thanks Susan
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Hi Susan, the glass on most ovens clips in place so it doesnt just 'pull out', unfortunately I cant find your model number, can you please double check the number provided is correct.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I Found this number on the book that came with the oven i don't know if this is the one you need###-##-####01 XEROX FABRIANO Thanks Susan
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Hi Susan sorry for the delay in responding.

It appears the inner door glass is not a user serviceable part, there are two variants of your model, to understand which of the two different door types you have can you advise if you have LED lights inside the oven?

You may find it easier to clean the door once you have removed it from the oven, to do this please see instructions here on page 12.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Morning James thanks for getting back to me and the answer to your question is yes I do have LED lights between glass thanks Susan
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

According to Hotpoint this isnt meant to come apart, no sure who told you it should lift away, as when looking at replacement parts the glass comes as a complete unit. I would be reluctant to suggest you pull it apart as you may end up damaging the LED's.

That said if you want to give it a go due to extensive build up of dirt, send me a photo of what your seeing and I will advise if there is a way to prize to units apart without damaging the glass so you can put it back together, you should be able to upload the pictures via the paperclip icon on this page.

James

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Photo as requested
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Sorry Susan, I meant a photo showing me the top and side of the oven door to see if there are any mechanisms to detach the glass.

So if you open the oven door and take a photo of the top down, view the a side image of the door that would be very helpful.

James

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry you have to bare with me I am a oldie thanks Susan
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

No problem Susan, take your time, from the second (side) image of the door it looks as thought there is a black clip at he top, to the side of of the oven door does that show any sign of moving (either pulling up or pushing out away from the centre?

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Hi Susan, I havent heard back from you, do you require any further assistance?