Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

The bottom draining chamber of the dishwasher has a plastic

Customer Question

The bottom draining chamber of the dishwasher has a white plastic piece just loose and now the machine just starts and then stops any information
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Hi Michael, could you please tell me the model of dishwasher and upload a photo of the plastic you have found lose in the sump of the dishwasher?

You can attach images using the paper clip icon within this chat box.

James

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Bosch dishwasher don't know the model
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

I cant really place where that part would have come from, it must have come from the circulation pump as thats the only thing large enough to pass it.

A check water indicator normally suggests water isnt getting into the dishwasher, I take it when its switched on and the program started, you dont hear any water coming into the dishwasher?

The two components to check with this type of fault are the flow sensor and the the inlet valve, start by checking these have continuity with a multi meter.

Should you wish me to recommend a engineer to perform these diagnostics please provide me with your postcode.