JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

We have moved into a house with a two door electric aga. We

Customer Question

We have moved into a house with a two door electric aga. We have turned it on for the first time a few days ago. The green light is on and the red light is flashing but it isn't getting any hotter.
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

Hi Erin,

Can you advise the model of your Aga, what the controls are currently set to, and when you say its not getting any hotter, do you mean its currently cold or its warm but not getting hot?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It is an electric aga (I think night storage) as the light is solid red early in the morning. It is cold and not getting warmer. Could the element be broken?
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

There are a number of potential faults, it could be the control board, timer, thermostat or element.

However I dont think this is human error, as such would suggest this is a case of getting an engineer out to strip it down and find out where things are going wrong.

Appreciate this is vague, but as you can imagine there are multiple single points of failure and the light doesnt really give a great deal of guidance other than we know power is getting to the Aga.

If you would like me to recommend a local engineer, please provide me with your postcode.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

Good afternoon, I havent heard back from you in the last couple of days and just wanted to follow up to see if you need any further assistance?

Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

Hi Erin, I would appreciate it if you could please log back in, and rate the service received, and let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

Hi Erin, I havent heard back from you, if you have everything you need, please rate the service received using the star rating, so I can close the case.

Should you need any further assistance please advise how I can assist you further.

James