JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

REf. EFC70710 extractor hood: the motor is sluggish to start

Customer Question

REf. EFC70710 extractor hood: the motor is sluggish to start and is noisy.
What is the remedy?
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon Geoff, I assume this relates to a cooker hood.

If the motor is sluggish this could be a number of reasons, the most common is insufficient air circulation.

Start by looking at the outlet, for hood connected to a carbon\re-circulation filter, the filter may need to be cleaned\replaced, or if using a external vent the vent may have become blocked.

Once the vent \ filter have been checked, the next step is to clean the grill which sits directly below the hood, a lot of grease can block up the pours and cause issues with air getting into the fan.

If these have both been checked, and there is no improvement the fault lies with the motor itself, and the only option is to replace it, as the motors are not serviceable\repairable components.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Hi Geoff,

I just wanted to follow up to see if I can be of any further assistance, and ask if you can please rate the service received so I can mark the query as closed this end

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Hi Geoff,

I just wanted to follow up to see if I can be of any further assistance, and ask if you can please log back in to rate the service received so I can mark the query as closed this end

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.
Hi Geoff,I just wanted to follow up to see if I can be of any further assistance, and ask if you can please log back in to rate the service received so I can mark the query as closed this endRegardsJames
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Hi Geoff, I havent heard back from you, if you have everything you need, please rate the service received using the star rating, so I can close the case.

Should you need any further assistance please advise how I can assist you further.

James