JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Seems I have a common fault with my bosch washing machine

Customer Question

Hi seems I have a common fault with my bosch washing machine dryer logxx 7/4, wvh28420gb/03. it's completely dead bar power into machine?
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

Hi Edmund,

I assume you have checked the fuse in the washing machine, when you say there is power to the machine?

If there is no power at all, and the unit is completely dead, this would suggest a PCB failure, a replacement can be found here.

As such the cost of the replacement part I would make this an uneconomical repair, and would look to put the money towards a replacement machine.

Should you to proceed with repair and arrange an engineer to attend, please provide me with your postcode so I can recommend someone in your area.

James

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi James thanks for coming back. I'm an engineer myself, would this part need programing? Also there is the top panel pcb, could this also be the problem? There is definitely power in the machine
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

You can buy pre-programmed control boards these are often more expensive.

If your have worked with washers in the past as an engineer, you should be able to check where the power is getting to with a multi meter, this should help verify which of the two PCB's are at fault.

The part I quoted was the more expensive of the two, but it could really be either, however there are no fuses in the circuit so should be reasonably straight forward with the power on following where the circuit fails.

From experience when it comes to PCB faults its always worth going via a repair and protect plan as the plan is cheaper than the parts in most cases, and it can save you hours of fault finding.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

Good afternoon Edmund,

Do you require any further assistance, in order for me to mark the question as resolved, and receive payment I would appreciate it if you could please rate the service received regards

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

Hi Edmund, I would appreciate it if you could please log back in, and rate the service received, and let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

Hi Edmund, I havent heard back from you, if you have everything you need, please rate the service received using the star rating, so I can close the case.

Should you need any further assistance please advise how I can assist you further.

James