JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

We own a siemens extraklass XL1000, this morning the kitchen

Customer Question

We own a siemens extraklass XL1000, this morning the kitchen floor was flooded as the drum had filled with water and spilled out over the lip of the opening. The machine has not been used for several weeks
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist with your query today.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

This sounds like you have a faulty inlet valve, the part is around £30-40, if you provide me with the ENr number of the washer which is normally found on the inside of the door, I can direct you to where you can find the replacement part.

Should you wish me to recommend a suitable engineer to replace the faulty valve, please provide your postcode.

James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you give any idea why the machine is flooding when not in use
Thank you we thought that it might be that and will get out local engineer to fix it
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

It may be the valve never closed properly so it partly open (like a dripping tap) hence why its taken a couple of weeks to overflow from when you last used it, another reason could be due to a faulty washer or oring in the valve itself.

Though the valve could be cleaned up and the o ring replaced, for £30 I would just change it, as you dont want to risk a flood.

Should you need anything else, please let me know, otherwise I would appreciate it if you can rate the service received.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good evening I havent heard back from you do you require any further assistance, if not so I may close the case please login and rate the service received using the star rating on the page.?

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I would appreciate it if you could please log back in, and rate the service received, and let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I would appreciate it if you could please log back in, and rate the service received, and let me know if I can be of any further assistance.James
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I havent heard back from you, if you have everything you need, please rate the service received using the star rating, so I can close the case.

Should you need any further assistance please advise how I can assist you further.

James