Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Siemans KG44U193GB fridge freezer. The door seems to have

Customer Question

siemans KG44U193GB fridge freezer. The door seems to have dropped and caused the catch to brake. So when closing the fridge we have to lift it to colse, but then after 10 seconds or more the fridge alarm goes off.
I have found the new parts for the catch, but if the door still drops slightly then its going to do the same thing?
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your fridge?

Also is the lower hinge or the upper looking bent or off?

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I think its 13 yrs +, but it works fine. the door hinges are fine the catch for the bottom of fridge door & top of freezer door catch the part no 41 8165 is broken because of this. the doors open from the left so the left side of the fridge is slightly dropped. the fridge is 70/30
Expert:  Michael replied 8 months ago.

Hi, Thanks.

This part can be easily replaced and the best place to get that is Espares.

http://www.espares.co.uk/

Since there are thousands of different ones out there its best to call for this order, also they will ship that the same day if you call ;-)

Please call Espares: 0844 9777 888.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely

Tech Michael