Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a compact dishwasher, recently the dishes are not

Customer Question

HI I have a compact dishwasher, recently the dishes are not being cleaned properly often have to run the cycles twice. I have checked the spray arms are rotating underneath the baskets and actually removed them both and blown water through. What else can I try please?
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi David,

It may be the circulation pump, is not providing sufficient pressure to wash the plates.

When the dishwasher ends, is there any sign of water left in the sump of the dishwasher?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi James,
No sign of water in the sump on completion.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

So this suggests the drain pump is working, and I would think your looking at a faulty circulation pump.

Can you send me the model number and I can look to see the cost of replacement pump for you, however would expect it would be rather expensive from previous experience as they often have integrated elements.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi David, please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

James