JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a gas hob installed in 2006. The ignition has stopped

Customer Question

I have a gas hob installed in 2006. The ignition has stopped working. I have cleaned all the hob, dried it but although the gas is flowing OK there is no ignition spark. I have also changed the fuse in the plug. Why is the ignition not working on any of the 5 burners?
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon Diane,

If the ignition has failed on all burners, this would suggest a faulty spark generator, or grounding.

If it were a electrode or switch this wouldnt affect all of the burners, the only part in common between sparking all the burners is the generator, a replacement would cost around £30, such as the one here.

With this being a gas appliance you would need a gas safe engineer to attend to replace the part and re-commission the hob, if you would like me to recommend a suitable engineer please provide me with your postcode.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you. I have contacted Bosch and arranged an appointment.
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

No problem, appreciate it if you can rate the service received today so I can close the case.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Hi Diane, I would appreciate it if you could please log back in, and rate the service received, and let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.
Hi Diane, I would appreciate it if you could please log back in, and rate the service received, and let me know if I can be of any further assistance.James
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Hi Diane, I havent heard back from you, if you have everything you need, please rate the service received using the star rating, so I can close the case.

Should you need any further assistance please advise how I can assist you further.

James