Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have an AEG Competence B5741-4 oven and the oven

Customer Question

I have an AEG Competence B5741-4 oven and the oven temperature is low by approx 25 degrees. How do I calibrate the temperature display to read correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should add that I checked the oven temperature using three different oven thermometers and found it 25 degrees low over a wide range of temperature settings
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mike would you kindly let me have the product code or PNC from the rating label please. - Ian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi *****
Typ 91 AVD 11 GB
PNC###-##-####
This is all of the plate on the door

Many thanks the 944 number was the one 0 be right back

OK with your model there are two components that control the temperature, an electronic PT500 sensor and its control switch They are both calibrated in the factory and are not field service adjustable. Its a case of changing them or compensating for the 25 degree under temp manually. Both these feed back signals to the main control board which then operate the cooking sequence. Does the appliance display any E or F codes during or after operation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it does not display any error codes. Could you give me some idea of the cost of the two items, and location on the unit. I am quite happy to fit new so long as they don't cost more than a new cooker.

The control switch (temperature selector) is about £20 the PT500 is £35 but at this time I have no information on the main control pcb but I would expeect that to be in the hundreds. Personally I would just set the temperature 25 degrees higher everytime you cook and manually compensate for the error.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I looked on e spares at the cost of a new board but you are correct they cost between £200 and £300.Many thanks for your help

A pleasure, if you would kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page i can then shut the job down on the system. Thank you for using JA and have a good evening.