Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Bosch Dishwasher SGS4012GB/14 which makes the usual

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Bosch Dishwasher SGS4012GB/14 which makes the usual starting sounds when switched on but then fails to do any thing else .......just the continuous startup noise. No water spraying or sprayers turning.
Expert:  Kelly replied 26 days ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 26 days ago.

Do you hear the noise with the door open, too?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
No the power stops when the door opens.
Expert:  Kelly replied 26 days ago.

Can you tell what is running? Is it the drain pump or the wash motor?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
I believe it's the wash motor ans it's the same noise as when the mahine was working ok. it's the next phase that does not kick in
Expert:  Kelly replied 26 days ago.

Okay, no water filling? What happens if you manually add water, does it wash then?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Will try it now
Expert:  Kelly replied 26 days ago.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Kelly, just filled manually, same noise, water drained away but nothing kicked in. Power noise stopped when I opened the door.
Expert:  Kelly replied 26 days ago.

Okay, so the drain pump is running. It is likely that the machine is in a flood cycle. Can you access the area below the wash tub and see if there is water in the base of the machine?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Kelly, there is no water beneath the Dishwasher
Expert:  Kelly replied 26 days ago.

See the attached picture. Is the styrofoam float arrowed red in the picture resting on the base of the machine?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Do I remove the front panel by simple removing the screw at either side of the machine?
Expert:  Kelly replied 26 days ago.

Yes, removing the panel below the door should allow enough room to see under there.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
No I'm strugglng to get the front panel off. Does the door panel have to come off?
Expert:  Kelly replied 26 days ago.

It should not have to. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 26 days ago.

See number 5 attached. That shows how the panel comes off.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
This looks competely different to mine.
Expert:  Kelly replied 26 days ago.

Hmm, that is odd. Can you tip the machine and see if water comes out from the base area?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
No water coming out from the base area
Expert:  Kelly replied 26 days ago.

Did you gain access to that float?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
No I can't figure out how to get the front panel off so I wil just call someone into fix it.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 22 days ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Hi Nicola I'm afraid the appliance is still not fixed and this website didn't really offer the technical support I was expecting. Carlo
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 21 days ago.
Well, we offer a refund if you are not satisfied, or I can try to find another Professional to assist. What would you prefer?
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Nicola , please can I just take the refund. Thank you. Carlo