Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod,
73944119

Indesit IV60V Tumble Drier Frame. I recently dismantled my

Customer Question

Indesit IV60V Tumble Drier Frame.
I recently dismantled my tumble drier to replace the drum rear bearing and front bushes. I dismantled the drier more than I should have including the front frame work. On reconstruction I got confused how the two strengthening pieces went back and which shape to which side. These two pieces fit below the drum on each side. Can you tell me how to configure each piece and where they should go? I put the pieces where I thought they should be and on start up of drier got terrible vibration noise. I took the pieces back out and I have run the drier, get a lot of vibration but when heats up vibration dissappears.
I would like your professional opinion/advice on how and where to put these two pieces.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 26 days ago.

Can you double check the model number please as thats not comming up?

Is this the 3kg dryer?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
sorry Daniel the model is IS60V 6kg
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Daniel the Model is IS60V 6 KG. I do not want to call you. I just want to know which piece goes where and which way.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 26 days ago.

Got it now thanks.

When you say the 2 strengthening bars there only 1 on there and that sits at the very back. Is this what you mean?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
No it is two metal pieces but both different shapes that fit to the front of the machine between the top and bottom metal sheet and the sides of the machine. One piece smaller than the other has two screw holes and the other has 3 holes. The smaller piece has a S curved step and both have a right angled upright. the piece with three holes has a locating lug.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 23 days ago.

Ok sounds like you have removed the support struts for it. Theres no pictures of how they go in the service manual as there not ment to be removed.

Give me a day or so and next time i have one stripped down i will take a few pictures and upload them here for you to see how they go.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 20 days ago.

Hi do you still need help on this as ive got a few pictures of how the support bars go.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
please. I am not at my pc every day, so if you can attache pictures that would be helpfull
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 18 days ago.

Ok ive uploaded some pictures so click the links below and then you can see them. Then fingers crossed you should be able to work out how it goes.

Click here for picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Daniel, That is the wrong part of machine. I am adding picture files hopefully to show what parts and where on the machine located
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 16 days ago.

Ok i see from the pictures what you mean now.

I will do the same when i next strip one down in a day or so and i will take a few pictures again of the correct set up for you.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi Daniel, Have you managed to see a stripped down machine for my answer?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi Daniel, I am still waiting for your answer of where the pieces go and orientation of them
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 9 days ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Nicola, I am still looking for the answer to my query. I attached picture files on earlier message of the parts to Daniel because he was looking at the wrong part of the machine.
Thanks,
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 8 days ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 7 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
forget about it, I will figure it out, £27 not well spent!