JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Belling idw 704 power light on programming light on door

Customer Question

Belling idw 704 power light on programming light on door switch seems ok but won't start
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

Hi Willie,

Have you tried switching the power off at the wall for 5 minutes, turning it back on, and then selecting a basic \ rinse programme, and seeing if the dishwasher starts?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
have done that no good nothing happened
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

So you able to chose \ change the program, but it doesnt start.

If left for 5 minutes set on a program does it beep\flights flash?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
able to select program but does not beep or flash
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

If your content the door lock\switch is working, then it would suggest the PCB has failed as its not detecting the required input to commence the program.

Unfortunately the PCB is obsolete, I have checked the big 5 spares vendors and none of them are listing it as available, so it looks that the machine is beyond economical repair.

However I would be inclined to take one more look at the door lock, and checking it with a multi meter, as 70% of these issues are during faulty door lock, as these parts are still available.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

Appreciate it if you can rate the service received todate, please feel free to message me back with any follow up questions.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

Hi Willie

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

Hi Willie, I havent heard back from you, if you have everything you need, please rate the service received using the star rating, so I can close the case.

Should you need any further assistance please advise how I can assist you further.

James