Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My fridge freezer has power but no cold. When I try to alter

Customer Question

my fridge freezer has power but no cold. When I try to alter with the bttons nothing happens there is just a line on the pannel for both devices.
All contents of the freezer have started to defrost.
model number GC2225GEKB
R134a
S/N 10032493GC
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your fridge?

ALso can you check to see if the mompressor runs at all, it would be warm if it is actually working.

I will help you anyway I can wit htis repair.

ALso when you try to work the controls, does it seem to resplond at all on the display?

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fridge about 13 yrs old . There is no response with the controls . I don't understand what the mompressor is !!
Thanks for response
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi Im sorry, for the typo, I meant Compressor.

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

It is located inside the rear lower access panel behind the fridge, its a black ball looking part. Let me know if its hot, cold, warm etc?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I am unable to pull the fridgeout as it's so heavy .
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

H, in that case, you will need a local appliance technician to do this for you.

I suspect the cold control on this one as the part that needs to be replaced. If you wan to do this work with my help, please let me know?

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely

Tech Michael