JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Hotpoint american fridge freezer been told compressor has

Customer Question

hotpoint american fridge freezer been told compressor has gone
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: model FFU4DX been working on and off now not cooling or freezing at all light flashing and beeping, not sure if compressor can be replaced on this model
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon, my name is ***** ***** I will assist with your query today.

In most cases a new compressor would be uneconomical to repair since you would need to re-gas the fridge after its replacement. Speaking with Hotpoint they still supply replacement compressors your looking around £100 in parts.

To purchase the replacement compressor you will need to call Hotpoint Spares on 03448 116 999 and provide them with the 11 digit code of the fridge, which should be on the inside label.

Based on the cost of the part I would suggest you setup a Repair and Protect plan with D&G who will charge around £15 a month to come our and repair the fridge (including parts and labour) then give you a further years warranty, further details can be found here.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance, if not, I would appreciate it if you could log back in and rate the service using the star rating on the page so I can close the case.

James