Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Got a Beaumatic oven model no. P120SS. Need to reroute the

Customer Question

Hi got a Beaumatic oven model no. P120SS. Need to reroute the clock/timer so as to use the oven but lose the clock as the buttons controlling the setting are broken. Can anyone guide me through it?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** can you take a picture of the back of the timer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry had to set my phone down to charge. Are you still available or would tomorrow be better?

OK Im back here now - let me have the photo and we can move forward

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay. I'm available to take photo. Should be a few minutes. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you available Ian?

OK if you look at the left hand side of the timer you can see two single brown wires going to two single spade connectors - have you got these?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Going to switch off kitchen electrics first.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is what is see from above.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay. The left hand side single brown wires, one goes into red terminal on right side of timer, the other connects to p5 on larger terminal for function control know at front.

Sorry for the delay - my link to the US was lost for a while. So to continue, there are two parts to the timer assembly, the control and the power switching. The control requires a live and neutral supply whilst the power switching only needs a live supply. If you look at your first picture you can see that you have a double brown cable that has a red sleeve (right hand side) and which links to a white sleeved wire at the other side of the timer (left hand side) and also a double blue (red sleeved) These are your supply to the control side. Where the brown links across to the white sleeve on the other side this is the positive input to the power switching relay. Do you follow sofar?