Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod,
73944119

Visiting a relative, she has a boiler problem - its a

Customer Question

Visiting a relative, she has a boiler problem - its a Vaillant VC GB of about 25years age and LPG, Good condition. This is the range with a grey steel facia panel with three rectangles across - dials on the right, starter button & dial on the left. It is all working but fails to pass on the burner flames after 4 secs on startup. Not detecting
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: Want an experienced vaillant specialist forthis age/ model in the South West to test and repair no kids please
Expert:  JamesI replied 14 days ago.

Do you get a pilot light or any sign of flame during the ignition sequence?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
The boiler goes thru its ignition sequence and lights up all its burners for about 4 seconds, all its pumps and valves operate, then at around 4 seconds flame it cuts out. The flame ignition does not continue beyond its usual amount, pilot light does not operate.
Boiler engineer cites flame detection circuit - but lacks manual and parts for this range of Vaillant (suggests worst case would be its pcb) - before thos Vaillant's own nominee was worse than useless....
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 days ago.

Based on the age of the boiler, and the likelyhood you are now at a point of changing parts until the fault clears, I would strongly suggest you replace the boiler, as it is a case of good money after bad.

Another option would be to go for a repair and protect plan, I believe British Gas offer a fixed price repair for around £250, which includes all parts, labour and then a full years warranty, if they attend and cant source the parts there isnt normally any charge.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 8 days ago.

So I may resolve the case and receive payment from Just Answer for assisting you, please could you rate the service received.

Please do get in touch if you have any further queries.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 6 days ago.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 4 days ago.
I may resolve the case and receive payment from Just Answer for assisting you, please could you rate the service received.Please do get in touch if you have any further queries.RegardsJames
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Should have been clear - I am looking for a specialist in this range of boiler - not a generalist..... so I already know that the parts costs (available today) for the diagnosed fault is about £300max.
The idea that spending ten times this amount is somehow rational (plus additional disruption and house mod costs) I do not accept. Its an acceptable risk to try repairing first. I need a boiler repair expert with this Vaillant range and THAT'S what I am asking for - candidate experts with experience of this type of boiler..
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 days ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
I am still in search of a specialist in this form of boiler - the ones I use for similar Vaillant products in London won't take a trip down to the M5.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 day ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Thankyou
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 day ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?