Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

The door on my smeg SFP378X would not lock for the Pyrolysis

Customer Question

The door on my smeg SFP378X would not lock for the Pyrolysis cooking programme and kept buzzing and the door lock light flashed. The door has now locked shut and can't be opened. Please can you help?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your Smeg cooker?

Also Is it the self cleaning option you are trying to run?

And do the rest of the functions work now?

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael
The oven is 1 year old. My wife has tried the self cleaning option before but the door has never locked.
The alarm ran again and the door locking light flashed so once again I assumed it had failed but now can't open the door.
The other oven function appears to work OK but without opening the door I can't check.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for your patience.

Is the door locked now?

Also has it cooled down but remains locked?

If so the door lock needs to be replaced, especially if it made a buzzing sound.

If you are handy you can replace that, but let me know on that?

I can also help you locate the part you may need.

But try this first, turn off power to your oven at the mains for 1 full hour, then turn it back on, let me knwo also if the door now opens?

If so, then its ok;-)

But if not you need a new door lock motor.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely

Tech Michael