JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a fridge freezer model CFD 64B and the fridge is very

Customer Question

I have a fridge freezer model CFD 64B and the fridge is very cold. I am assuming that the thermostat needs to be replaced so can I buy one and replace it myself or do I need an engineer
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Wendy,

Your unit is showing as having a standard thermostat, which can be sourced for around £15 here.

If you scroll down there is a DIY video which shows you how you can replace the thermostat, have a watch of the video, and then let me know if you have any further questions.

Its worth removing the old thermostat to check if looks like the new one before you place the order, the job normally takes about ten minutes.

On your model I would expect to find the thermostat in the light comparment at the top of the fridge where the thermostat knob is.

I will await to hear back from you

James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
James I do not have the video
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Wendy, the video can also be found on the link here, let me know how you get on.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Wendy,

I havent heard back from you please let me know if you have any follow on questions.

So I can claim payment from JA for answering your question, I would appreciate if you can rate the service received using the star rating on the question page.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 12 months ago.

Hi Wendy,

Do you need any further assistance?

Appreciate if you can rate the service received using star rating on the page..

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 12 months ago.

Hi Wendy,

Do you need any further assistance?

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 12 months ago.
Hi Wendy,Do you need any further assistance?Appreciate if you can rate the service received using star rating on the page..RegardsJames
Expert:  JamesI replied 12 months ago.

Hi Wendy,

Do you need any further assistance?

James