Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have an Indesit IWDC6125 which is having issues - when it

Customer Question

I have an Indesit IWDC6125 which is having issues - when it goes into drying mode after a wash (or if only a drying cycle is selected) it will run it for a few minutes before stopping and all the function and status lights flash (as does the Start light).
Just recently whereas before there was no noise coming from the machine when the lights were flashing now there is - as if the machine is drying but the drum isn't rotating.
Is it broken or does a filter or something need unblocking?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 8 months ago.

Hi Rob my name is ***** ***** are youa ble to get the appliance out of its kitchen cabinet?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Ian, yes I should be able to - what do I need to do once it's out?

OK once you take the top of you will see a duct that runs from back to front, part of this duct is a circulating fan. Once out check that the fan is actually spinning during the drying cycle - then come back to me.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I can see a duct on the RH side (looking from front to back) but not a fan as such - unless you mean the vertical metal disc below it at the back of the machine which has a rubber belt around it? If that is it, it is rotating during a drying cycle ...

OK you need to take of the whole duct and clean it out, likely filled with accumulated damp fluff.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok, understood - I won't be able to do this for a couple of days though so bear with me. Thanks
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Ian, I am looking at the machine now - should I be looking to take the whole duct out of the machine or can it be split apart in situ? If it all has to come out, i presume i need to disconnect all the electrical connections and remove the hard plastic tie that secures the duct to the rubber seal around the drum - if that is the case, two questions a) do i split the duct apart at that point to remove the fluff and how do i replace the plastic tie when re fitting? Thanks