JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have just moved house and there is a built in combination

Customer Question

I have just moved house and there is a built in combination microwave oven installed. the oven bit works but the microwave digital display doesn't come on. Would this have a separate fuse or plug somewhere?
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tracey,

Its most likely a lose wire, or potentially faulty PCB. There are no fuses protecting the control board\display, just the high energy parts such as elements and the magnatron.

Your best bet is to call our an appliance engineer who can remove it, fault find and give you a quote for repair, and in most cases if it needs a part they will take it away for you, repair it then drop it back off and reinstall it for you.

If you would like me to recomend someone in your area can you provide me with your postcode.

James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi JamesThank you for your answer. I am in central Birmingham, B3 1BA, but I am wondering how cost effective a repair maybe as I think the oven is probably around 10 years old. The separate controls for the oven light up and work so I assume that it cannot be a loose wire. If you can recommend someone in my area I can then decide the best thing to do.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tracey,

I would suggest you give Dalhouse a call on 0121(###) ###-#### they will come to your property free of charge and give you a estimate for repair.

Based on the age of the appliance I think you might be correct in that its uneconomical to repair, but certainly worth getting them to quote for repair, as it may be something simple, or failing that they can at least recommend a replacement and install it for you.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tracey,

I havent heard back from you please let me know if you have any follow on questions.

So I can claim payment from JA for answering your question, I would appreciate if you can rate the service received using the star rating on the question page.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tracey,

Do you need any further assistance?

Appreciate if you can rate the service received using star rating on the page.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tracey,Do you need any further assistance?Appreciate if you can rate the service received using star rating on the page.RegardsJames
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tracey,

Do you need any further assistance?

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tracey,

Do you need any further assistance?

James