Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My hob went very hot after hot oil got on it switch it off

Customer Question

My hob went very hot after hot oil got on it switch it off waiting till it goes cold before switching on will it work and will it be safe
Expert:  Kelly replied 12 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 12 months ago.

The oil probably got down into the switch and created a path for the electricity which resulted in the element being turned on. It will likely be fine once that oil has been dried out, but it may require replacing the switch.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?