Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My smeg dishwasher di6012 will not go on, when I press the

Customer Question

My smeg dishwasher di6012 will not go on, when I press the program it reverts back to the first one which is a symbol with dishes and two lines running through any ideas what it can be, it makes a gurgling noise at the same time it switches to this symbol
Expert:  Daniel replied 10 months ago.

This is an error code its showing which given the light you have this is error code E1 which is a water leak in the base which has activated the flood switch in the base. This is why you hear it gurgling as its the drain pump running all the time.

What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out from under the unit and from there lean it 45 degress backwards as this will allow the water to drain out from the base so you will need a towel for this part.

Once the water is out the flood switch will reset itself and this will allow the dishwasher to work normal again.

So retry it and see how it goes from there. Fingers crossed its a one off overfill that caused this but if it happens again then theres a leak in there which you need to find and fix to cure this fault.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
its an integrated one and we inherited with the house so excuse me for being vague, but do they just pull out or will it be fixed?
Expert:  Daniel replied 10 months ago.

Its normally held in with 2 screws at the top. If you open the door and look at the top on each side under the worktop there will be a screw there.

Then you need to remove the wooden kickboard at the bottom of the kitchen and then it should pull out from there.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I've not had it on for a few days as I was deciding whether to replace rather than pay call out fee. So just thought I would switch it back on to try before I pulled out and for some miracle its working not sure what happened there as I tried it several times and the light kept coming on. I have run it on a program now will see how it goes, should have tested again before calling on your services! fingers crossed it keeps working!
Expert:  Daniel replied 10 months ago.

If its not been used for a few days then the water could have dried up enough in the base to reset the flood switch.

So if it was a one off overfill which does happen on dishwasher then it should be ok.

But if it happens again then im afraid theres a leak in there still.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
thank you for your advice, if it goes on error again at least I will know what to do!
Expert:  Daniel replied 10 months ago.

Your very welcome. Hopefully its fine now.

But at least you know what it is if it does it again.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
HI Daniel, unfortunately it didn't last long, it did the cycle and then when the dryer bit came on it only came out half heartedly, i switched it off and now when I put the main switch on for the dishwasher it trips the fuse box any ideas?
Expert:  Daniel replied 9 months ago.

Ok if you have the same light flashing then its a water leak under there.

You will need to pull it out from under the unit and remove the side panels and try and find out whats leaking under there. As it may be leaking onto an electrical part hence the electrics tripping out.

Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
there is no power at all as it keeps tripping the fuse box evertime I try to switch on?
Expert:  Daniel replied 9 months ago.

Ok if its tripping the electrics then theres a short in there.

You need to find the short to stop it tripping.

You need to pull it out and lie it on its back and remove the bottom cover.

From there inspect the wires and check for any burnt wiring.

If thats fine then locate the heater and disconnect the wiring on there and then turn it on and see if it stops the tripping. If it does then the heater will need to be replaced.

But if thats not the fault then do the same with the wiring to the wash motor as them 2 are the most common parts to cause this fault that you have.

Check them if you can and let me know how it goes.