carlday1
carlday1, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have 5 years experience in repairing and maintaining small domestic appliances.
69505510

I want to buy a new Neff Oven as my old one of 16 year has

Customer Question

I want to buy a new Neff Oven as my old one of 16 year has to be renewed, the problem is with the old one I do not know the Amperage and the new one I want to buy has 13 A. I shall give you ;the figures of the old one:FD906B1561N06B/04 can you please help I phone BHS and they have a problem to find that as the oven is 16 years old.
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: I think I gave you all the details it is an electrtic oven with a fan and I gave you the nrs. I have also AP22-7 if that helps that is it sorry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I paid £20.--by Visa and would like an answer and not an other £27.- for more advice if not possible please refund the£20.--Thank you
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. I have had a look and the current cooker you have is a 13A cooker. You would be able to replace it with the 13A cooker you would like.

Do you have a red cooker isolation switch?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is a red cooker isolation switch I do have a red switch is that the one you mean. I phoned BHs and they said I have to look behind the cooker to see the Amperage but the cooker is build in so that is impossible, I do have a dishwasher also build in the kitchen and that is also 13A. You are sure I can use 13A, sorry I ask because when I buy the new one and it is not the right one I am not happy.
Hope to hear from you it is difficult I understand as the cooker is 16 years old.
Anita
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thank you I believe you and I do not want to spend more money, hope you understand.
Anita
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help I do appreciate it I turned of the red cooker switch but that does not help it just turns the oven electricity off.
Sorry I am not calling you it becomes too expensive.
Thanks for your help.
Anita
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Hi Anita,

If the red switch turns the cooker off that means that the cooker is wired in a large cable so you are able to have a cooker up to 30A.

Would you get an electrician to install the cooker?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear *****,Thank you for answering my question also about the Red Switch which turns the cooker off.
I buy the oven at ***** ***** who will take away the cooker and put the the new oven in,,Thanks again for your information and at last I can buy the new Neff Oven.
Kind Regards
Anita
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Hi Anita,

I hope you have managed to sort out your new cooker when you have a minute spare could you please rate me so that I can close the question.

Regards,

Carl

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Carl, The problem has been solved I bought the new cooker which will be delivered in December and no problem with the 13 Amp. Thanks for your advise and have a good day.
Anita