Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Samsung fridge/freezer RS20CCMS: Water leaks from the

Customer Question

Samsung fridge/freezer RS20CCMS: Water leaks from the freezer door. I have had the inside plastic plate off and cleared the ice (not a great deal of ice). The ducts were (and are) clear, but the problem persists. The temp shows -19 as per controller; the fridge is fine. Any ideas?
Cheers....Colin
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Please respond....
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** when you removed the evaporator at the back did you check the drain hole was clear blow the defrost heater?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Very slow response - let me know, please, where the water goes after draining through the metal grid. Presumably, it'll run out of a pipe at the back of the unit? Is there an evaporation plate, then?Do let me know that you're still there; I'd like to resolve this problem asap and we're a few days into our "conversation" already.

Sorry was away on business - water passes through a pipe and then into a tank near the compressor. The heat generated by the compressor evaporates the water back into the room.