KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have a range master 110 LPG (from canisters) and have

Customer Question

I have a range master 110 LPG (from canisters) and have recently been burning my baking despite adjusting the control knob. I put an oven thermometer in it today and found that at gas mark 1 the temperature rose to what it should be at gas mark 8. Adjusting the control makes no difference. What's wrong with it?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 9 days ago.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
that's fine. Thank you.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 8 days ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 7 days ago.

Hi, welcome to Just answer .... The issue is with timer switch, over heat cut out or thermostat. You would need to check both of them for continuity before you go about replacing it. Before you start with repair you would need to follow Safety Regulation- 'Ensure electrical supply is isolated and, regulators, switches and thermostats are turned off.

Instructions-

1. Remove facia panel to expose the rear of the controls.
2. Remove rear panel to expose the top, bottom and browning elements.
3. Make sure the timer is set to manual cooking.
4. Disconnect the wires from the timer switch terminals. With multi-meter set to ohms, place meter probes across the switch terminals and check for continuity. Meter should read zero ohms. If not timer switch is faulty. Change the timer.
5. Turn the oven thermostat to 180 C position. NOTE- There are two haves to the thermostat. The part nearest the front of the cooker is a switch, the rear half is the thermostat body.
6. Disconnect the wire from terminal 1 on thermostat body and then disconnect the wire from terminal 1 from thermostat switch. With multi-meter set to ohms, place meter probes on terminal 1 on the thermostat body and terminal 1 on thermostat switch and check for continuity. Meter should read zero ohms, if not thermostat is faulty. Change the thermostat.
7. At the rear of the appliance, disconnect the wires from the overheat cut out device. With multi-meter set to ohms, place meter probes across the cut-out terminals and check for continuity. Meter should read zero ohms, if not change overheat cut-out device.

________________________________________________________________________________________
If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 5 days ago.

I hope my solution helped you to resolve the issue with your appliance. If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you.

Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied. Thanks!